Thursday, April 14, 2016

10 year Reunion: A profile of Laura Campbell

To start off a series of profiles of '06 class members leading up to the 10th Reunion, today there is a profile of Laura Campbell

At the top of Miyajima island in Japan with my husband in April 2015

Where do you live?
Toulouse, France

What's keeping you busy these days?
Work and trying to pass the civil servant recruitment process, learning to sew, playing in a community band with my husband, tap classes, participating in a local French-American Club.

Do you volunteer for the AA in any way?
Way back in 2010 I volunteered to help edit the newsletter for the European Council, which groups together the various country clubs in Europe and organizes events. Then at the 5 year reunion I became co-web coordinator for the class, and a couple months ago I ended up becoming the moderator for the Facebook group Mount Holyoke Club of France. So yes, a bit more volunteering than I initially intended.

10 years ago I never would have imagined....
that long distance walking would have become a passion of mine. I walked the Dales Way in Yorkshire two summers ago and I'm preparing to walk the West Highland Way in Scotland this summer.

Are you coming to Reunion?
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to Reunion this year. But I will be in New York for a few days about two weeks after Reunion if anyone wants to meet up.

What's a favorite memory of Mount Holyoke?
So many, but in the spring time I loved seeing the daffodils come up around campus and eating outside at Prospect by the lake. It was so lovely to open dorm windows at the Mandelles to listen to the lower falls when it was nice outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment