Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Countdown to Reunion: Catching Up With Damaris Santos-Palmer

Damaris Santos-Palmer Santa Cruz, CA

Damaris is a blogger and freelance writer, and also writes the beautiful blog Kitchen Corners. Of her blog, she says:

Kitchen Corners is about me, and about my family, and about you because you are the reason I write. It is you who I talk to about my life and it is from you that I get feedback and the energy to continue doing what I do.
Kitchen Corners is a silly name for a blog. It started out as Within the Corners of my Kitchen, but that was too long and I occasionally have the pleasure to leave my kitchen and travel, so that title had to go. Then the blog became Kitchen Corners, because it's short.

But I love Kitchen Corners, even with all it's imperfections and silly name.

I've been blogging since 2007. Kitchen Corners has changed from a recipe blog to a giveaway/product review/design/anything-I-can-think-of-blog. However, now I do giveaways on my Facebook page, and have fun random conversations on twitter, and share my food design obsession on my design blog. It's better this way, because now I can focus on what I really love to do which is have conversations about life and food with you.

• What are you most proud about accomplishing since graduation?
Having two kids

• What's your favorite MHC memory?
Big sister during freshmen year

• What do you miss most about MHC/the Valley?
Having intellectual conversations and silly conversations all within the same lunch hour with friends in Wilder

• What are you looking forward to at reunion? Seeing people I miss

Let '06 alumnae know what you're up to! Email amy.cavanaugh@gmail.com with updates. See you in South Hadley!

No comments:

Post a Comment