Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Countdown to Reunion: Catching Up With Layne


Layne

• What are you most proud about accomplishing since graduation?
Well, I *would* say, "graduating from law school," but I am still 3 exams and 1 paper away from that...so...best to not count the chickens before they hatch.

• What's your favorite MHC memory?
Creating and implementing a full-scale beer scavenger hunt in the library during finals, on approximately 25 minutes of sleep. Coincidentally enough, it was probably also my greatest accomplishment while actually IN college.

• What do you miss most about MHC/the Valley?
Living down the hall from all of my friends and taking classes where it was not only acceptable, but where you were encouraged, to answer questions starting off with the phrase, "I feel like…"

• What are you looking forward to at reunion?
FINALLY getting to see a screening of the much talked about "Junior Show."

• What’s the coolest thing you’ve done since graduation?
I sat through a murder trial where the defendant was a rapper named C-Murder (brother of Master P), and blogged about it from the courtroom. Somehow, the blog started getting passed around and it was
eventually sent to the Judge of the trial. He started commenting on it, and later sent me an email telling me how much he enjoyed it… despite the fact that I called him Judge Blagojevich-hair and implied that he was eating popcorn during the trial.

• What's the best book you've read?
The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters is the best book I've read this year.

• How many cities have you lived in?
Since graduation? Just 3: New York, Atlanta, and New Orleans.

• What dorm do you wish you could visit for brunch on Sunday?
There was something about seeing the Black Friday-esque mob scene of people shoving each other out of the way to get to the fried dough at the Rockies, which always brought some comedy to my life…

Let '06 alumnae know what you're up to! Email amy.cavanaugh@gmail.com with updates. See you in South Hadley! 

No comments:

Post a Comment