Thursday, April 21, 2011

Countdown to Reunion: Catching Up With Laura Campbell

Laura Campbell, Toulouse, France
The picture is me with my husband Bart in Cambridge, England. We spent 10 days in England this March.

• What are you most proud about accomplishing since graduation?
I live in France, which is not easy. I had to pass my drivers license over again, renew my residency paperwork every year, and figure out the French employment scene. That last one is still a work in progress...

• What's your favorite MHC memory?
My favorite MHC memory would have to be Glee Club. It was so much fun singing with such a great group, preparing concerts and Christmas Vespers, working with men's choirs from other universities. And the parties were pretty great too!

• What do you miss most about MHC/the Valley?
I miss the great sandwiches at Tailgate and driving through the trees to Amherst or Northampton. I miss the sense of community especially.

• What are you looking forward to at reunion?
I'm really looking forward to seeing friends I haven't seen in a while, some since graduation. I'm really happy to visit Massachusetts and the campus too. 

• What’s the coolest thing you’ve done since graduation? 
Something cool I did when I lived in Foix, France (an hour south of where I am now) was visit the caves in Niaux, which have prehistoric drawings. They limit the number of people who can visit each day, so in a group of 8 we used flash lights to find our way to the end of the cave and look at art made by people living in the same mountains thousands of years ago.

Let '06 alumnae know what you're up to! Email amy.cavanaugh@gmail.com with updates. See you in South Hadley! 

No comments:

Post a Comment